What better way to get through your day at school than by cracking a smile or two, right? If you’re one of those who would gladly give up memorizing multiplication tables for a good laugh, this collection of funny quotes about school is for you!
Funny Quotes for Students Going Back to School
These funny school quotes might not be what your teachers want to hear, but we guarantee these will end those drab classes that keep dragging on and on.
- “Respect your parents. They passed school without Google.” — Anonymous
- “The first day of school is always a fashion show. The rest of the school year? A pajama party.” —Unknown”
- “You can take my body to school, but my spirit will not accompany me.” —Unknown
- “If you think your teachers are tough, wait ’til you get a boss.” — Bill Gates
- “There are only two places in the world where time takes precedence over the job to be done: school and prison.” — William Glasser
- “I said school starts tomorrow. I didn’t say I was going to be there.” — Kim Harrison
- “We all learn by experience, but some of us have to go to summer school.” — Peter De Vries.”
- “A teacher’s job is to take a bunch of live wires and see that they are well-grounded.” — Darwin D. Martin
- “Some students drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.” — E.C. McKenzie
- “When a teacher calls a boy by his entire name, it means trouble.” — Mark Twain
- “The first day of school: The day when the countdown to the last day of the school begins.” — Unknown
Funny Quotes About First Day of School
The first day of school is a time to start fresh and make many new friends. It’s also when you will get to see those people who are just as scared as you. These funny school life quotes about the first day of school will help lift your spirits and might even make you want to go back for one more year!
- “First day of school comes before the first day of summer. I know this because last year I had more books than this year. The teacher said the first day of summer was the beginning of the school year, but how does that make sense if the first day of school comes before the first day of summer?” — Desiree
- “First day of school, make sure that you know your locker combination.” — Jordan Francis
- “Stand firm in your refusal to remain conscious during algebra. In real life, I assure you, there is no such thing as algebra.” — Fran Lebowitz
- “It’s not that I hate school. I just hate waking up early in the morning.” — Unknown
- “My school was so tough the school newspaper had an obituary column.” — Norm Crosby.
- “One thing different from grammar school is that you are not going to get beaten up on the first day of school.” — Unknown
- “There is nothing on earth intended for innocent people so horrible as a school.” — George Bernard Shaw
- “My mum wakes me up to go to school but she doesn’t know that my favorite place to sleep is on the last bench.” — Unknown
Funny Quotes About Last Day of School
The last day of school is a mixed bag for most students. It’s the end of a challenging year and the start of summer, but it also signals that it’s time to move on and get ready for a new year.
It can be tough not to have a lump in your throat as you say goodbye, but some students still manage to find humor on their last day at school. Making these school quotes funny is a testament to that.
- “The day I never want to remember is when I can’t get up in the morning because I’m tired of feeling sad. That’s my last day of school!” — Anonymous
- “They told me that practice makes perfect in school.” After they told me that no one is flawless, I quit practicing.” —– Steven Wright
- “What a way to spend your last day of school: not going to school.” — Anonymous
- “A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad.” — Theodore Roosevelt
- “School is a lot like toilet paper. You only miss it when it’s gone.” — Anonymous
- “1st month of school: look nice and dress up. Rest of the school year: Rocking the homelss grandma look.” — Unknown
Funny School Life Quotes
School is one of the most critical events in a person’s life, so it should always be exciting and fun. Here are some funny quotes about school that will surely make you smile.
- “Show me the man who enjoyed his schooldays and I will show you a bully and a bore.” — Unknown
- “I had a terrible education. I attended a school for emotionally disturbed teachers.” — Woody Allen
- “In recalling their school years, students mostly remember their teachers, and not the courses they took.” — Unknown
- “In school they told me practice makes perfect. And then they told me nobody’s perfect, so then I stopped practicing.” — Steven Wright
- “When I look back on all the crap I learned in high school, it’s a wonder I can think at all.” — Paul Simon
- “As long as teachers give tests, there will always be prayer in schools.” – Unknown
- “But there are advantages to being elected President. The day after I was elected, I had my high school grades classified Top Secret. — Ronald Reagan
- “Commencement speeches were invented largely in the belief that outgoing college students should never be released into the world until they have been properly sedated.” — G. B. Trudeau
Other Quotes About School
- “If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers.” — Edgar W. Howe
- “All children start their school careers with sparkling imaginations, fertile minds, and a willingness to take risks with what they think.” — Ken Robinson
- “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” — John Dewey.
- “Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.” — Will Durant.
- “I loved fresh school supplies, new outfits, the change of seasons.” — Unknown
- “The most important day of a person’s education is the first day of school, not Graduation Day.” — Harry Wong
- “As a kid, I loved fresh school supplies, new outfits, the change of seasons, and the chance to crack open a new textbook.” — Dana Perino
- “In school, you’re taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson.” — Tom Bodett
- “True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.” — Kurt Vonnegut
- “Education costs money, but then so does ignorance.” – Claus Moser.
- “To be good is noble, but to teach others how to be good is nobler—and less trouble.” — Mark Twain
- “You send your child to the schoolmaster, but ’tis the schoolboys who educate him. You send him to the Latin class, but much of his tuition comes, on his way to school, from the shop- windows.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson