Every ending symbolizes a new beginning – even when it’s the last day of school. And if you’re looking for quotes that will mark your new start, we’ve got you covered. Our list of the best end-of-school-year quotes includes memorable Instagram captions, funny quotes, and inspirational sayings.
Remember, it feels nice to finish the academic year. If the prospect of the unknown terrifies you, don’t be. It marks a new chapter, a new year in your life.
Last Day of School Captions for Social Media
Want to share on social media that it’s your last day of school and can’t wait for summer to begin? You can use these last day of school social media captions. Don’t forget to add some last day of school hashtags.
- “Tomorrow is my last day of school…and that means summer break!”
- “I always miss school when I leave, no matter much I gripe about it.”
- “I want to yell and scream because school is out!”
- “I’m trading in my books for poolside beverages. Non-alcoholic, of course.”
- “I’m ready for Malibu road trips and strawberry ice cream.”
- “School is fine, but I’m looking forward to going to the pool.”
- “The first and last days of school are the greatest.”
- “More hues, fewer grades.”
- “Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
Sad Last Day of School Quotes
Whether you’d like to admit it or not, the last day of school is not only the most wonderful time of the year; attending the last class can be sad, especially if you are moving away to start your freshman year in college. But, remember, it also marks a brand-new ending.
- “I’m actually really excited for school to start, yet half sad at the same time because this is my last year of high school.”- Unknown
- “You grow up so fast in high school. It’s not something you wait for, it just kind of happens. One day you’ll look back and be proud of who you’ve become, but at the same time, you’ll miss who you were.” – Unknown
- “No matter how much you think you hate school, you’ll always miss it when you leave.” – Unknown
- “I am happy to be leaving high school but incredibly sad to be leaving the people who I’ve made all these memories with.” – Unknown
- “When I entered high school I couldn’t wait to grow up. Now that I’m leaving high school I want to be a kid again.” – Unknown
- “Let’s do what we love, and let’s do a lot of it.” – Marc Jacobs.
Funny Last Day of School Quotes
Everyone appreciates humorous comments about school life, whether it’s about the end of the school year or memorable school events. Furthermore, light-hearted quotes and witty sayings about being a student have never been harmful to anyone. Here are some of the funniest school quotes to share with your pals.
- “They told me that practice makes perfect in school.” After they told me that no one is flawless, I quit practicing.” – Steven Wright
- “What I remember most about high school are the memories I created with my friends.” – J. J. Watt
- “My mother wakes me up for school, but she has no idea my favorite sleeping spot is on the final bench.” – Unknown
- “You can take my body to school, but my spirit will not accompany me.” – Unknown
- “High School appears to be a good time on TV, but it is not in reality.” – Unknown
- “The true dread is waking up one morning to find your high school graduating class is in charge of the country.” – Unknown
- “The first day of school: The day when the countdown to the last day of the school begins.” – Unknown
- “I always say a prayer before Math class.” – Unknown
- “I’m going to be missing the dining hall waffles the most, but that’s about it.” – Unknown
- “There are only two locations whereby timing takes priority over the job at hand: school and prison.” – Unknown
- “We all learn by our experiences, but some must attend summer school.” – Peter De Vries
- “So often you find that the students you’re trying to inspire are the ones that end up inspiring you.” – Vicky Davis.
Last Day of School Quotes for Teachers
You can love or detest them, but teachers undoubtedly play a significant influence in one’s formative years.
- “A wise teacher does not invite you inside his knowledge mansion but rather brings you to the doorway of your mind.” – Unknown
- “Those who teach children well deserve to be appreciated more than parents, because parents only gave life; the few who teach kids well give them the ability to live well.” – Aristotle
- “A great teacher is more like a torch in that it destroys itself to illuminate the path for others.” – Unknown
- “I believe that thankfulness is delight multiplied by wonder and that thanks are indeed the absolute pinnacle of thought.” – Unknown
- “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.”– Oprah Winfrey
- “If I had the chance to tell you, you have been the best instructor on the planet.” – Unknown
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
- “I call my students ‘my kids’ because in our year together, they aren’t just kids on my class list, they become a part of my heart.” – Unknown
End of School Year Quotes for Friends
Saying goodbye to your friends and classmates is never easy, but finding the appropriate words to communicate how you feel can help make it easier. Make sure they know you’ll always be around them, no matter how far away they are. We’ve compiled a list of last-day-of-school statements to make saying goodbye easier.
- “We don’t realize that we were making memories. We just knew we were having fun.” – Unknown
- “The old ones are still the best. Old genes, Old boots, Old friends, Old tunes, and Old times.” – Unknown
- “Friends are like muffins in a bad day. They make you all warm and fluffy inside, chasing the bad vibes away.” – Unknown
- “Friendship is: Chating and wasting time when we have exam next day.” – Unknown
- “Making new friends should not mean losing old ones.” – Unknown
- “When I say I miss school I mean my friends and fun, not the school.” – Unknown
Whether you were the underdog or the class leader, the last day of school can be one of the most bittersweet accomplishments you’ll experience in life. If you are lost for words, just remember to enjoy the moment and share without trying to think of something original. And besides, you’ve worked your tail off throughout the year with essays, textbooks library study sessions, and pop quizzes you’d rather forget!