Need a new topic for your blog? Have writer’s block and aren’t sure what your next writing topic should be? Use our writing prompt generator below to spark ideas for new blog articles, journal entries, or other creative writing outlets. To get started, just click “Generate Writing Prompt.”
Our 7 Day Course to Better Writing
We offer a free 7 day course to become a writer. Get started here or follow the links below.
- Day 1: Getting Creative
- Day 2: Start Writing
- Day 3: Join a Writing Community
- Day 4: Improve Your Grammar and Vocabulary
- Day 5: Identifying Your Audience
- Day 6: Seek Feedback
- Day 7: Publish Your Writing
These seven days will take you through a series of steps to improve your writing. Once you’ve complete all seven days, you should have a much better idea of how to write, who you’re writing for, and how to get your work noticed.
Tips to Beat Writer’s Block
- Take a break. Get outdoors or even just walk around the house. Anything to step away from the computer or journal for a bit.
- Change your scenery. Getting outside into the woods or to a coffee shop could unblock you.
- Use a brainstorming tool (like our writing prompt generator above). These might be enough to spark a new idea.
- Create an outline. Organizing your thoughts may help you to know where to start.
- Do some stream of consciousness writing. Jot down as many ideas as possible. Any of these ideas could serve as a writing prompt.
- Meditate. Clearing the mind for 5-15 minutes should help you regain focus and start generating new ideas.
- Look at social media or read news headlines. Consuming media can help you think about new topics to write about.
- Listen to music. Listening to calming music or your favorite playlist can get you in the mood to write again.
- Make a list. Just like an outline, organizing your thoughts and main points can give you new ideas on how to approach your writing.
- Hold yourself publicly accountable. Post on social media or tell a friend so that they can make sure you’re keeping up with writing. Pressure sometimes helps spark the most creative ideas.
For more, read our article on beating writer’s block.