Whether you’re saying farewell to a spouse for the day, dropping your kids off at the school bus, or wishing your neighbor a great day as you pull out of your driveway, wishing someone “have a great day” is apt to start them off in a great mood.
Other Ways to Say “Have a Great Day”
There are a number of ways to say “Have a Great Day” to someone. Read on to learn about these alternatives:
Have a good day!
Have an awesome day!
I hope your day is great!
I hope your day goes well.
Today will be the best!
Have a splendid day!
Have a nice day.
Have a pleasant day.
Have a Rock-and-Roll Day!
In Other Languages:
(Spanish) ¡Que tengas un gran día!
(Italian) Vi auguro una buona giornata!
(German) Ich wünsche ihnen einen wunderbaren Tag!
(Russian) Хорошего дня!
Motivational Have a Great Day Quotes & Sayings for a Loved One
Sending a loved one off to work or school sometimes calls for variation in what you say. Not every day will be a great one for them, but also they will tire of the same phrase every day. Here are some other messages you can do to wish a good day!
1. You are the best and I know you will try your hardest at work today. Go forth and do wonders!
2. Even the more complicated tasks can be overcome if we just try. The key to success is perseverance, so make the most of this day and put your best foot forward.
3. This is a new day which gives you the chance to try different things. Dare to make some change in the world!
4. May you be blessed with lots of compassion and opportunities as you start your new day.
5. The secret behind a great day is a great attitude.
6. Have a nice day dear. Your happiness is my happiness!
7. I hope you have a wonderful day.
8. Have a ridiculously awesome day, sunshine!
9. Be great for no reason.
10. You are going to be awesome today!
Have a Great Day Quotes
1. “For me, a lovely day is any day I wake up” – Bernie Siegel
2. “Good news equals good day.” – Unknown
3. “Joyful morning, good morning, good day.” – Unknown
4. “This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before.” – Maya Angelou
5. “A good day is a good day. A bad day is a good story.” – Glennon Melton
6. “If you don’t think every day is a good day, just try missing one. ” – Cavett Robert
7. “Take each good day and relish each moment. Take each bad day and work to make it good.” – Lisa Dado
8. “It’s a great day to be alive. I know the sun’s still shining when I close my eyes.” – Travis Tritt
9. “Good days are the days when you are able to positively influence the people around you.” – Unknown
10. “A day is a day. It’s just a measurement of time. Whether it’s a good day or a bad day is up to you. It’s all a matter of perception.” – Donald L. Hicks
Is Have a Great Day Capitalized?
No, when used in a regular sentence or greeting, “have a great” day is not capitalized. This includes email salutations or greetings. You should only capitalize the “h” in “have” if it is the beginning of the sentence.
The exception to this rule is if “have a great day” is part of a title. Then it follows standard title capitalization rules and is capitalized.