Online teaching has become a norm over the years, and for a good reason. Not only it eliminates the need for commuting, but it also enables you to teach at any time that suits you.
The market is stacked with so many online teaching tools, leaving you confused about what to choose.
Here we have picked some of the best online tools to teach remotely that come with essential features and ensure hassle-free teaching experience. So, without any further delay, let’s get to know about these tools.
BrainPop is an ideal distance learning tool that allows you to teach your students via short educational animated movies. It has hundreds of animated educational videos covering a wide range of subjects, all accompanied by exciting games and challenges.
The tool helps teachers create and assign quizzes for any given topic. Moreover, they can use BrainPop to keep their students on track with their studies and provide support for homework and academic projects.
The platform has various assessment resources and distance learning tools for students in grade K through12 (ages 6 to 17).
BrainPOP covers the subjects of English, Science, Social studies, Maths, and more. If as a teacher, you’re in search of an online teaching tool that allows you and your students to be involved in a hassle-free learning process, give this tool a try.
- Features animated educational videos for a wide variety of topics.
- Its content is designed for students up to grade 12.
- Covers all the major subjects taught in US schools.
Kahoot is another popular online tool for tutors to teach remotely. It enables teachers to create interacting multiple-choice quizzes, surveys, and polls. With this tool, teachers can tailor questions to the learning standards of their students.
Students can submit their responses via any internet-connected device. A quiz may contain images and video content to help students with their answers. Upon the completion of the quiz, students can see their results.
Besides this, Kahoot also features some online learning games that can be played using tablets and smartphones.
- Easy data collection and student progress tracking.
- Helps you engage students in formative –assessment activities.
- Teachers can build their own quizzes or search for online quizzes.
BookCreater is a convenient tool to create interactive digital books. Teachers can create their own teaching resources by combining text, images, video, and audio.
This tool comes handy in creating engaging stories, research journals, poetry books, science reports, and much more.
It gives you a set of tools that you can use to create compelling digital resources for students. As per your requirement, you can choose portrait, square, or landscape book layouts. Moreover, you can use emojis to express your ideas.
- BookCreater enables teachers and students to collaborate on books in real-time.
- It supports the AI-enabled AutoDraw tool.
- It allows you to embed all kinds of content into books from YouTube, spreadsheets, PDFs, etc.
Education Perfect is an advanced teaching toolkit for teachers who want to focus on the individual needs of their students. All its lessons are based on a master model helping students to enhance their knowledge. The tool allows teachers to provide their students with detailed insight into their progress. Education perfect also offers timely and specific feedback to students.
The tool lets teachers edit, build and rearrange their assignments as per the needs of students.
- It allows you to give real-time feedback.
- Detail the insight of every student.
- Securely hosted on cloud hosting and works on mobile, desktop, and PC.
Buncee is an award-winning communication tool for teachers and students who are unable to attend class due to any reason. The application is designed to make remote learning easy as it allows students to learn from wherever they are.
Teachers can use this tool to create and share a visual representation of different educational resources.
Buncee helps you create media-rich lessons, presentations, newsletters, and more.
- Buncee supports various media options. You can add video, audio, text, and external links to your resources.
- You can record your lecture and create a template for your students to complete at home.
- Students can also utilize this application to share their assignments with teachers. They can record their video responses to share with their teachers.
Although it’s not a teaching tool, it helps teachers record sessions with students so that they can review them later. Moreover, a lot of teachers find it useful to self-critique their own teaching methods and make improvements.
It supports an advanced video editor and offers mobile recording. So if you want to record your tutorials and training videos, look no further than this tool.
- Records both screen and webcam.
- Turns your presentation in the video.
- Adds animation to your screen recording.
- Being Compatible with both Windows and Mac.
For a lot of teachers across the globe, a Web Whiteboard is an ideal tool for class brainstorming sessions. The board allows you to store your ideas, concepts, and share them with your students by sending them a URL link.
- Allows you to do real-time editing
- You can host video conferencing
- You can create multiple discussion boards
Slido is an ideal platform for teachers who want to create an engaging Q&A session for their students. It allows them to keep their students engaged with live polls and quizzes too.
Moreover, teachers can collect feedback for their classes by asking students to participate in surveys.
Even some of the reputable universities, including Berkeley, UCL, and Stanford University, are using this platform.
Students who hesitate to ask questions in front of the class can use this platform to raise their queries.
- Makes learning fun with quizzes and Q& A sessions.
- It can be integrated with the Zoom video webinar.
- You can collect and analyze your students’ queries.
Hapara enables teachers to create and share assignments and projects in the cloud. Teachers can divide their students into groups and share educational documents and resources.
The platform supports a centralized dashboard from where teachers can analyze the work of every student.
Hapara provides students with an intuitive interface to manage their assignments too.
- Easy accessibility to students’ work.
- It helps students to take control of their digital learning.
- It allows teachers to drive robust teaching and learning conversations.
10. Discovery ED
Discovery Education helps teachers to communicate with their students outside the class. It enables teachers to track student progress, provide feedback, and form a lasting educational impact.
Discovery ED provides teachers access to high-quality resources to enhance their teaching practices.
- Discovery ED has set up a distinct channel featuring digital content for teachers to help them share their knowledge and resources with their students.
- Resources can be shared via social media, weblinks, and URLs.
- You can take advice from other teachers through the Discovery Educator Network.
So these are some great online tools to teach remotely. What do you think? Please let us know by commenting below!