Are you going to take your first steps as a writer? You might be feeling a little confused, worried, and in need of guidance. If so, don’t worry. We’re going to make your familiar with some of the best online writing courses that will help you improve your writing skills, vocabulary, problem-solving ability, persuasive skills, and develop creative thinking. Additionally, you will also establish client management skills in case you want to hire out your new writing skills.
So, without further delay, let’s get to know about those online courses.
Designed by an acclaimed novelist, Simon Van Booy, this 40-minute course teaches you various tips and tricks to be a successful writer.
It is an ideal course for aspiring writers who want to make their own space in the writing field and read inspiring works. The course will make you aware of 6 significant steps to writing success.
- How to establish a regular writing routine and stick to it
- How to act on inspiration
- Optimizing your space for writing
- Finding your specific type of art
Hosted by Jeff Goins, a professional writer, and long-time blogger, it’s an ideal online writing course for those who are just starting out and want to change their career to full-time writer. The course focuses on boosting the mindset of aspiring writers.
The course consists of 22 video lessons that teach you how to make more than $1000 a month by showing some self-discipline and diligence.
Below is what you will learn with this course.
- How to determine what kind of writer you want to become: a blogger, a storyteller, or a freelancer
- How to build your readership
- What best thing you can do to launch your writing career
- How can you start a website and attract new clients
All aspiring writers who want to make a career in fiction writing can find this online marketplace of courses by famous writers beneficial. The Masterclass provides short video lessons on craft and theory of fiction that you can watch on your desktop or mobile phone.
It also provides downloadable material like notes, worksheets, and PDF that you can use to practice fiction writing. Some of the popular writing tutors at Masterclass include David Mamet, Malcolm Gladwell, and James Patterson.
The course will teach you:
- Non-fiction script writing
- Developing a comedic persona
- Finding your comedic voice
Joyce Maynard is a famous journalist and writer known for her memoir, “At Home in the World.” If you’re looking for some inspiration to write a fascinating memoir or biography, this course can help you out. With this online course, you will learn tips on how to:
- Start telling your story
- Use descriptors and interpretive language
- Use rhythm in writing
- Establish a solid writing practice
Authority Pub-Academy online learning class has been set up by indie authors Steve Barrie and Barrie Davenport to teach ambitious writers the basics of writing and how to self-publish a book that sells. Till now, they have self-published more than 100 books.
This course can be quite helpful for anyone who wants to create a full-time income by self-publishing. It has six lessons featuring multiple lessons in each one. Some of the key lessons you can take benefit from include:
- The present state of self-publication
- How to choose an ideal niche
- How to create a bestselling story subject
- Book launch strategy
- Creating Facebook Ads for your books
If you have an interest in writing fantasy novels and want to make your living by writing them, you must watch these recorded lectures of Brandon Sanderson.
Sanderson is a famous American fiction author who specializes in fantasy. Some of his notable works include the Mistborn series and the Wheel of Time series (my personal favorite series).
Since all his lectures are available on his YouTube playlist, you can watch them for free and on your own time.
- Discipline in crafting fiction
- Fiction model analytics
- Use of correct grammar, punctuation, and writing style in fiction
- Writing different types of fiction using literary models
If you’re in search of an online writing course that can help you with blogging or non-fiction writing, this course got you covered. Some of the major topics this course covers are
- Efforts needed to finish a book
- How to edit your first draft like a pro
- How to conquer writer’s block
If you want to blog and dip your feet into digital publishing, this online course by Tara Gentile can be useful for you. The course you will teach you how you can start blogging and how to self-publish your content on digital platforms like Amazon Kindle.
In addition to this, you will learn how a small online book can bring a wide range of great opportunities for you.
The author Tara Gentile also shares her struggle with attracting new clients and publishers. The course will also teach you how to build credibility, choose the right idea for your book, how to edit and format your content, and then how to publish it on Amazon or your website.
You will learn the following from this course:
- Book editing & formatting
- Book marketing techniques
- Ins & Outs of digital publishing & distribution
- How to create an outline and cover design for your first published title
If you are looking for an easy way to sharpen your writing skills from the comfort of your home, you can’t find a better option than taking online writing courses. Regardless of what you write – books, articles, or blogs, you can easily find a relevant course for you.
In today’s post, we put together some of the best online writing courses for different categories. You can join any course you find appropriate as per your niche. We hope these courses will help you succeed as a writer.