How to Use Our Cursive Text Generator
Using our cursive text generator is really easy. Just enter regular text in the first text box (Input) and see the cursive text in the left box. Then tap or click “Copy” to get the text. You can select other styles by clicking on the buttons under the “Output” textbox.
What Is Cursive Text?
Cursive text is any handwriting or penmanship where the letters or characters are joined together in a flowing manner. While designed to speed up the writing process because it is faster than writing block letters, cursive has been on the decline over the last few decades, especially with the introduction of computer keyboards which speed up writing significantly.
There has however been a recent increase in interest in cursive since it is still used for artistic purposes such as in calligraphy and graphic design.
Origins of Cursive Writing
In English, cursive writing was originally developed in the 17th century to speed up the writing process since writers did not need to lift their quills until the end of a word. Quills used ink quickly and were easily broken so cursive was developed to simplify the writing process with quills. Once ballpoint pens, pencils, and computer keyboards came into existence, there was less need for cursive and so block letters became the norm since block letters are easier to read.
Where Is Cursive Still Used Today?
Typical uses of cursive today include signatures, artistic endeavors, calligraphy, invitations, and graphic design. You can also use cursive on social media using our generator above.
How Does This Tool Create Cursive Text?
We can generate cursive text that you can copy and paste thanks to Unicode. They are unique character codes that a computer is able to understand and look cool to human eyes. They can even be copy and pasted to social media platforms and text messages so you can share with your friends. Feel free to play around with cursive text generator above to come up with fun text you can send to your friends! Create cursive letters that you can copy and paste into your favorite social media channels.
To use the cursive text generator tool, just enter your text on the left and see the result under “Output.” The other fun text options you can choose from above include:
- Cursive Text: Generate text generates cursive letters that you can copy and paste.
- Bold Cursive Text: Generate text that is bold cursive.
- Strikethrough Text: Create text that is crossed out.
- Underline Text: Generate text that is underlined.
- Italics Text: Create text that is italicized.
- Bold Italics Text (Sans Serif): Create text that is bold italicized with sans serif font.
- Bold Italics Text (Serif): Create text that is bold and italicized with serif font.
- Bold Text: Create text that is bolded.
Cursive Letters from A to Z
The following table of cursive writing a to z shows you how each letter in the Latin alphabet can be written in cursive.
You may have learned a slightly different way in grade school (for example, the capital letter “A” sometimes resembled a larger version of the lowercase letter A when using D’Nealian cursive). There are no hard and fast rules about cursive letters although many will try to argue one way or the other.
Here’s another common way to write the cursive alphabet:
Where Can You Use Cursive Text from Our Generator?
The cursive text generated above can be used anywhere you want cursive text to appear. Unlike cursive font in Microsoft Word which can only be seen in the document or printed, our cursive text can be copy and pasted anywhere including social media. Here are some great places to use cursive text from our cursive text generator:
- Social Media: You can post our Unicode cursive text on social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter without loss of formatting!
- Cards and Invitations: You can use our cursive text generator to create cursive font that can be used on invitations and cards.
- File Names: Did you know that you can even use our cursive text in file names!