Answer: 99 characters is between 14 words and 25 words with spaces included in the character count. If spaces are not included in the character count, then 99 characters is between 16 words and 33 words.
According to research by Miller, Newman, and Friedman, "the average length of a function word was 3.13 letters; for a content word the average was 6.47 letters." To get the estimates above, we assumed that words in sentences range from 4-7 letters. We also assumed that sentences have 15-20 words and paragraphs typically have 100-200 words and 5-6 sentences.
What Counts as 99 Characters?
A character can be any letter, number, punctuation, special character, or space. Each of these characters takes up one byte of space in a computer's memory. Some Unicode characters, like emojis and some letters in non-Latin alphabets, take up two bytes of space and therefore count as two characters. Use our character counter tool below for an accurate count of your characters.
How Many Sentences Is 99 Characters?
99 characters is about 1-2 sentences. A sentence typically has 15–20 words.
Character Count Tool
Social Media Character Counts
Various social media platforms have different character limits for their profiles, messages, and status updates. Below is a summary of the character limits per platform:
While Facebook has large character limits, we recommend keeping your Facebook posts to at most 250 characters.
- Facebook Posts: 63,206 characters
- Facebook messages: 20,000 characters
- Instagram Caption: 2,200 characters (truncated at 125 characters)
- Instagram Username: 30 characters
- Instagram Bio: 150 characters
- Instagram Hashtags: 30 hashtags
- Direct Message (DM) character limit: 1,000 characters
- Tweet: 280 characters
- Twitter DM: 10,000 characters
- Twitter Handle: 15 characters
- Twitter Profile Name: 20 characters
- Status Update: 1,300 characters
- Comments: 1,300 characters
- Invite to Connect Message: 300 characters
- InMail Message Subject Line: 200 characters
- InMail Message Body: 1,900 characters
- TikTok post: 150 characters including hashtags
- TikTok comment: 150 characters including hashtags
- YouTube titles: 100 characters (truncated after 70 characters in search)
- YouTube comments: 9,999 characters
How Many Words in Any Number of Characters
To quickly find out how many words are any in any number of characters, see the table below. You can also use our character counter tool to quickly find out how many characters and words your text has. This table can be used as a quick reference to understand how many words a certain number of characters will make:
|Characters with Spaces||Word Count (With Spaces)||Word Count (Without Spaces)|
|100 CHARACTERS||10-30 WORDS||20-30 WORDS|
|250 CHARACTERS||40-60 WORDS||40-80 WORDS|
|300 CHARACTERS||40-80 WORDS||50-100 WORDS|
|400 CHARACTERS||60-100 WORDS||70-130 WORDS|
|500 CHARACTERS||70-130 WORDS||80-170 WORDS|
|600 CHARACTERS||90-150 WORDS||100-200 WORDS|
|700 CHARACTERS||100-180 WORDS||120-230 WORDS|
|750 CHARACTERS||110-190 WORDS||130-250 WORDS|
|800 CHARACTERS||110-200 WORDS||130-270 WORDS|
|1,000 CHARACTERS||140-250 WORDS||170-330 WORDS|
|1,250 CHARACTERS||180-310 WORDS||210-420 WORDS|
|1,500 CHARACTERS||210-380 WORDS||250-500 WORDS|
|2,000 CHARACTERS||290-500 WORDS||330-670 WORDS|
|2,500 CHARACTERS||360-630 WORDS||420-830 WORDS|
|3,000 CHARACTERS||430-750 WORDS||500-1,000 WORDS|
|5,000 CHARACTERS||710-1,250 WORDS||830-1,670 WORDS|
|7,500 CHARACTERS||1,070-1,880 WORDS||1,250-2,500 WORDS|
|10,000 CHARACTERS||1,430-2,500 WORDS||1,670-3,330 WORDS|
|15,000 CHARACTERS||2,140-3,750 WORDS||2,500-5,000 WORDS|
|25,000 CHARACTERS||3,570-6,250 WORDS||4,170-8,330 WORDS|