Joe Pickett Books in Order
Cody Hoyt/Cassie Dewell Books in Order
Standalone Books in Order
C.J. Box Biography
C.J. Box is the #1 bestselling author and a winner of awards for his work and being one of the most successful American novelists. He is best known for his successful Joe Pickett Novels, the main character of which is a game warden who solves crimes in rural Wyoming. Box has also published several standalone novels alongside the series. He sold more than 6 million books across 34 languages worldwide.
About C.J. Box
C.J. Box was born in the early 1960s in Nebraska and grew up loving reading, writing, and sports. He attended Colorado State University, where he excelled at both academics and sports. After graduating college in 1986, Box pursued a career as a reporter in Casper before being hired as a reporter at the Rocky Mountain News, an award-winning newspaper in Denver, Colorado. As a journalist, Box covered many major stories, such as the Oklahoma City bombing and the 9/11 attacks.
The Box was married to his wife Melanie, who aided him during the creation of his books by proofreading and editing. They have three children together. Box currently resides with his family in the Rocky Mountains. He spends most of his time there hiking, fishing, and camping. This is where he finds most of his inspiration for stories.
With more than a dozen books published as part of the popular series, C.J. Box has been able to prove himself as one of today's leading mystery writers. Box has won several awards for writing, including the Anthony Award, Barry Award, Macavity Award, Edgar Award, and Prix Calibre 38. His books are also included in the bestseller lists of the New York Times, Publishers Weekly, and Wall Street Journal, among others.
Overview of Books by C.J. Box
While C.J. Box is best known for his Joe Pickett Novels, which has grown to 9 books in the series, he has also published three standalone novels and five short story stories (four of which made it an anthology). The following summarizes each one of C.J. Box's books:
- "Off The Grid" (2012) is a standalone novel set in Wyoming where a family of four suddenly disappear from their home without a trace, leaving behind everything except their car and dog. As the police begin to take an interest in the case, an unlikely person is determined to find the missing family.
- "The Highway" (2011) is a standalone novel set in Wyoming where a young woman witnesses something she was never meant to see and finds herself at the center of a dangerous struggle with potentially deadly consequences.
- "Trophy Hunt" (2011) is a standalone novel set in Wyoming where the disappearance of a wealthy man leads to the discovery of other people who have vanished without a trace, leaving behind everything except their cars, trucks, and horses. As game warden Joe Pickett gets involved in the case, it leads him through a maze of secrets and lies that cause his job to be on the line.
- "Pike (2007) is the first novel in the popular Joe Pickett series. Set in Yellowstone, where game warden Joe Pickett works to maintain law and order under the ever-increasing pressure of tourists and poachers seeking a murder unfold, he finds himself in a race against time to stop it.
- "The King of July" (2014) is a short story that made it into an anthology published by C.J Box called "A Whole Lot of Balls: A Treasury of Great Bowling Stories."- "The Thing About Murder" (2013) is a short story that made it into an anthology published by C.J Box called "Murder In The Wind: A Treasury of Outdoor Mysteries and Western Stories."
- "The Rest is History" (2012) is a short story that made it into an anthology published by C.J Box called "A View To A Thrill: A Treasury of Great Suspense Stories."
- "Powder Burn" (2011) is a short story that made it into an anthology entitled "Thriller."
- "A Job For Super Joe" (2009) is a short story that made it into an anthology published by C.J Box called "Man With A Gun: Crime Fiction II."
Short Story Collections
- "The Curse of Grizzly Gultch and Other Stories" (2007) is a short story collection that contains the following: 'Scales' which is about a man who wakes up to find himself covered in scales.
-'How To Be Like Bigfoot' which is about someone looking for Bigfoot who disappears without a trace.
-'The Curse of Grizzly Gulch' which is about someone who arrives in Wyoming on the same night as the curse was cast, 'Truth Is The First Casualty (which is about two men trapped in a hotel during an avalanche), and 'Old Moon' (which is about a man who wakes up on another planet and has to find his way back home)
- "Open Season: Joe Pickett Novels" (2015) is a collection of standalone novels that includes the following: Off the Grid, The Highway, Trophy Hunt, and The Wolf.
C.J Box is an American author who has published multiple novels and short stories under several genres. Some of the novels have even been turned into movies. His most popular novel is "Open Season," which was made into a movie that received positive reviews from critics and viewers alike.
See more: C.J. Box Books