Need some inspiration in your day? Look to the bible. Use our random bible verse generator to get the perfect bible verse for your day. Use our random bible verse generator below for inspiration, comfort, and more! To get started, just click “Generate Random Bible Verse” or press the “Enter” key.
What Does the Random Bible Verse Generator Do?
Our tools will generate random Bible verses every time you refresh the page or you click on the “Generate Random Bible Verse” button.
You can try asking God a question in a prayer and then click on the button to generate a new verse that may just reflect His Word.
What Languages Do You Support?
Our tool can generate Bible verses in 55 languages. Each language may have several versions associated with it. There are 106 combinations of languages and Bible versions.
Our tool supports Bibles in the following languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Aramaic, Armenian, Basque, Breton, Bulgarian, Chamorro, Chinese, Coptic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Gothic, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Kabyle, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Manx_Gaelic, Maori, Myanmar_Burmse, Norwegian, Portuguese, Potawatomi, Romani, Romanian, Russian, Scottish_Gaelic, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamajaq, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uma, Vietnamese, Wolof, Xhosa
What Bible Versions Do You Support?
We offer 106 different versions of the Bible depending on the languages you select above.
In English, we support the following Bible versions:
Sections of the Bible
The Bible is split into two different sections. If you are looking for random Bible verses from either of these sections, you can do so by click on them below. We also include Proverbs and Pslams verses in a separate section.
Books of the Bible
The Bible has 66 books split into two sections. The Old Testament has 39 books and the New Testament has 27 books.
- 1 Samuel
- 2 Samuel
- 1 Kings
- 2 Kings
- 1 Chronicles
- 2 Chronicles
- Song of Solomon
Most Famous Bible Verses
1. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” – John 3:16
2. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.” – Romans 3:23
3. “The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters.” – Psalms 23:1
4. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
5. “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:13
6. “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” – Romans 8:28
7. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” – Proverbs 3:5
8. “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.” – Genesis 1:1
9. “And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever.” – John 14:16
10. “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Romans 6:23
11. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:6
12. “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” – Romans 12:2
13. “For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.” – Acts 18:10
14. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-5
All Bible verses above are from the New International Version.